NOTE TO GRADES 9 , 10, 11: CHRISTIAN SERVICE is ONLY working DIRECTLY with the poor or underprivelaged, sick, those with special needs, or elderly. Everything else is VOLUNTEERISM
Working with Special Needs Young Adults:
1. CAMP SNOWFLAKE - RIDGEWOOD. Saturdays from 1-4 PM Click here for volunteer information!
2. CAMP ACORN - ALLENDALE. Saturdays from 1-4 PM Click here for volunteer information!
3. CATHOLIC FAMILY SERVICES OF PATERSON: This program is where the guests from our special needs dances comes from. There are many ways to help out - going on social trips, teaching crafts and other life skills. Call ROSE at 973-523-8404 x 41
Working with Children & Senior Citizens in a variety of ways:
1. Children's Aid and Family Services - Paramus and other locations. Call 201-261-2800 and Click here for more information
2. Oasis Haven for Women and Children - Paterson. Help serve meals, work with children, and more. Call
Working with Senior Citizens:
1. Brightside Manor Nursing Home - Teaneck. This is a great place to go as a group of students and interact by playing games, doing crafts, etc. IHA girls have been there before and it is a blast! Call 201-692-1000. Talk to a group of your friends and plan out an activity first. See Ms. Licata for help!
2. Sunrise Assisted Living: These are live in Senior Centers all over Bergen & Passaic Counties (Paramus, Cresskill, Old Tappan, Saddle River, Woodcliff Lake, Edgewater and Wayne). Click here to find a center!
1. Hillsdale Helping Hand Food Pantry - Call 201-664-0600 to find out how to volunteer
2. Center for Food Action - Bergen County. Call 201-569-1804 x 28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to volunteer.
SERVICE SITES IN ROCKLAND COUNTY
1. Northern Manor Nursing Home - Nanuet 845-623-3904
2. Salvation Army - There are a number of ways to help out with this organization that reaches out to the less fortunate Main Street Spring Valley 845-352-9577